Verbatim, the market leader in Optical Media, introduces a new high power, high performance alkaline battery range to power the devices that consumers use on a daily basis.
Like the Verbatim model C battery the model D is ideal for use in torches and flash lights. They are also recommended for use in large stereo boom boxes giving long life performance.
Battery Product Information
- Voltage 1.5V
- Height 61.5mm
- Diameter 34.2mm
- Weight 134g
- Model Code D-LR20 Mono
- Pack Size 2
Batteries and the Environment
Verbatim takes environmental issues seriously and in doing so strive to supply products that are friendly to the environment. All Verbatim Batteries are Mercury and Cadmium free, and all other metals used in the batteries meet the criteria laid out in the European legislation for batteries.
All our batteries are ROHS reduced of hazardous substances compliant, and on our packaging youll find the Wheelie Bin  logo showing that we omply to the collection and re-cycling programs set out by the regional communities in Europe.
Batteries should be collected or disposed of seperately from household waste either for recycling or special disposal. Some communities offer re-cycling or collection of alkaline batteries. For these details please contact the relevant local authorities.
It is important not to dispose of large quantities of alkaline batteries in a group. This is because used batteries still contain some power and when they are in contact with other batteries they can create safety risks.
Safety when handling batteries
Verbatim batteries provide a safe source of power for all appliances when used in the correct way. They should not be misused or abused and the following details should be taken into consideration at all times.
1. The batteries can short circuit if the positive and negative terminals come into contact with one another. This can lead to venting and leakage.
2. Keep all batteries out of reach of children. If a battery is swallowed seek medical advice immediately.
3. Do not charge batteries Charging non-rechargeable batteries cause gas and/or heat generation resulting in possible explosions and/or fire.
4. Do not dispose of batteries in a fire.
5. Do not put the same poles on the batteries together.
6. Do not deform, crush or puncture batteries.
7. Do not take batteries apart.
8. Do not dispose of batteries with regular house hold waste.
Source SCCG CD-R/RW, DVD/R, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005.